Wednesday 3 April 2013

Savage Orc Big Boss: Finished!

EDIT!: You can view better photos here: http://wayofpainter.blogspot.nl/2013/04/savage-orc-big-boss-finished-20.html

One of my first experiences and will keep this online just to look back and see what you learn from mistakes.

Original Post:

Hello everyone!


The Savage Orc Big Boss is finished, earlier then I expected to be honest. I thought I would finish it at the end of this week, but oh well. Sometimes you just have to say "I'm done" and stop trying to get rid of every possible imperfection as you will probably only make it worse

Overall this piece was a big learning process for me. First try with Oils, what an amazing experience that was! Although you do need to put the windows open, even in this cold, otherwise headaches are to be taken for granted with the turpentine ;)

I also learned the hard way I need to let the Oils dry in a environment that is as dust free as possible, if you look close enough you'll see the dust particles and the hairs from my cats on the piece.

I'll be making a collage which I'll upload to my CoolMiniOrNot gallery Friday, since it's something I still need to figure out how to create on my new Mac.

Time for some photos!


















No comments:

Post a Comment